The name of this organization shall be “OUTDOOR ADVERTISING ASSOCIATION OF THE PHILIPPINES (OAAP)”.
1. To promote the growth, development and welfare of the outdoor and/or out-of-home advertising and the sign industry (“the industry”) in the Philippines.
2. To promote strict adherence to ethical principles and practices, thus raising the standards of the industry.
3. To promote greater awareness of the importance, usefulness and essential role of the industry in mass media.
4. To develop and maintain closer ties among members and to work together to provide solutions to the problems affecting the industry.
5. To ensure that its members abide by rules, regulations and laws set forth by government, which covers the industry, most importantly, those that affect public interest and the environment.
Section 1 KIND OF MEMBERSHIP
3. Provincial Chapter
Section 2 DEFINITION OF MEMBERSHIP
Any individual or business entity (corporation, company, partnership or single-proprietorship) existing under Philippine laws whose management possesses good business and moral reputation and whose business is directly involved in outdoor / indoor advertising, any company or individual who sells space for advertising on street furniture, transit, those involved in alternative outdoor media displays, and/or in the fabrication and supply of signage in the Philippines, otherwise known as the Out of Home advertising industry, is eligible for membership to the OAAP.
Prospective members whose application for membership has been accepted by the board, shall be considered a CONDITIONAL MEMBER. His/her membership shall be subject to six (6) months probation and final interview by the Board before he/she can be accepted as PERMANENT MEMBER, as classified below.
A permanent member may be classified as:
A. Regular Member
– any full service company with in-house or contracted facilities for fabrication and maintenance of out-of-home advertising and signage.
– eligible to vote and can be voted as a member of the Board
B. Associate Member
– any company or individual indirectly providing services and/or products to the industry such as, media buying service providers, advertisers, ad agencies, Suppliers, Financial, legal, Site Brokers, Contractors, etc.
– cannot vote for any Board member or on any membership issue but may, among themselves, elect one (1) representative to sit as a regular member of the Board.
C. Affiliate Member
– any entity, government agency or individual stakeholders in the industry, such as members of the academe, non-governmental organizations, other trade groups and coalitions.
– cannot vote and be voted as member of the board or on any membership issue.
D. Provincial Chapter
– the association (OAAP) may organize a provincial chapter whenever applicable for the effective implementation of its goals and objectives. The provincial chapter shall be governed by the same Constitution and By-laws and must follow the same policies as that of the OAAP. It shall elect from among its local members its own officers – President, Vice-President, Secretary, Treasurer and PRO.
– the members of a provincial chapter can only vote for the election of officers for its own particular chapter.
– as defined by Items A and B of this article, except with the unique characteristic of having less than a two (2) year track record in the industry.
– does not become a regular member until the company it represents has reached two (2) years track record in the industry and has passed the six-month probationary period.
Section 1 Membership may be terminated by the Board of Directors in any of the following instances:
A. Failure to settle outstanding dues beyond a grace period of ninety (90) days, after the receipt of notice from the treasurer.
B. Any violation of Article II of the OAAP Code of Ethics, Section 3, Trade Practices.
C. Failure to attend two (2) consecutive general membership meetings of the association.
D. Dissolution of the company or cessation of its operations.
E. Conduct inimical to the industry and the OAAP.
Section 1 The governing body of the association shall be the board of directors composed of nine (9) members elected from the regular members of the association. Quorum shall be defined as five (5) of the nine (9) elected board members.
Section 2 There shall be five (5) ex officio members of the Board, with non-voting capacity:
1. The immediate past president.
2. The immediate past chairman.
3. The current president of the provincial chapter of Visayas
4. The current president of the provincial chapter of Mindanao
5. A representative from the Associate Members of OAAP,
Section 3 The members of the Board of Directors shall be elected during each annual general membership meeting of the association and shall hold office for one (1) year and until their successors are elected & qualified.
Section 4 The Chairman of the Board, shall be elected from among the nine (9) elected members of the board of directors, shall preside in all board of directors meetings.
The Chairman of the Board of Directors shall be the official representative of the association (OAAP) in the Advertising Board of the Philippines (ADBOARD). He shall appoint any regular member of the Association to any position requiring other representative/s of OAAP in ADBOARD.
Section 5 The board of directors shall elect from among the nine (9) elected board members, the chairman of the board, the president, vice-president, secretary, treasurer and public relations officer as officers of the association.
Section 6 A member must be in good standing to qualify as an officer or board member and must be physically present during the elections. Furthermore, he must have been a member of the association for at least two (2) years.
A “member in good standing” shall mean a member whose membership has not been suspended or removed for cause and updated in all his dues at the time of election.
Section 7 Any officer and/or member of the Board of Directors, may be removed from office, with or without cause, by a vote of two-thirds of the general membership entitled to vote, provided, that such removal shall take place either at a regular meeting of the association or at a special meeting called for the purpose.
a) The president shall preside over all general membership meetings.
b) He shall appoint all necessary committees and act as an ex-officio member of all committees.
c) The president shall appoint an internal auditor from the members of the association.
d) The president shall assume the position of, and act as the chairman of the board of directors in the absence of the chairman.
a) The vice-president shall preside on all the meetings of the association in the absence of the president.
b) The vice-president shall take the place of the president in the event of death, resignation, disqualification and disability.
c) The vice-president may represent the association in any official function in the absence of the president.
THE BOARD SECRETARY
a) The board secretary shall keep a complete record of all proceedings and correspondences of the association and the board.
b) He shall send notices of meetings to all members of the association and shall perform such other duties pertaining to the secretariat.
a) The treasurer shall maintain a financial record of the association. He must be responsible for collection and disbursement of funds as approved by the board members.
THE PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER (P.R.O.)
a) The P.R.O. shall be responsible in the promotion of the activities and projecting the good image of the association.
Section 1 The annual meeting of the association for the purpose of electing officers and members of the Board of Directors shall be held on the Second Friday of November each year or on such other date that may be deemed necessary by the members.
Section 2 The regular meetings of the association shall be called on a quarterly basis. Special meetings may be called between regular meetings at the discretion of the president, or in his absence, by the vice-president or the majority of the board of directors, or upon the request of at least 1/3 of the total membership of the association.
Section 3 The notices of the meeting and agenda must be sent to the members in writing. However, emergency meetings of extreme urgency in nature can be called by any practicable means without written notices.
Section 4 Presence of the majority of the nine (9) elected board members shall constitute a quorum in meetings of the board of directors.
Section 1 The membership fees and dues for regular members are as follows:
MEMBERSHIP FEE = Php 15,000.00
ANNUAL DUES = Php 8,000.00
Section 2 The membership fees and dues for associate members are as follows:
MEMBERSHIP FEE = Php 5,000.00
ANNUAL DUES = Php 5,000.00
Section 3 The membership fees and dues for the provincial chapters are as follows:
MEMBERSHIP FEE = Php 10,000.00/Chapter
ANNUAL DUES = Php 10,000.00/Chapter
NOTE: Individual members of the provincial chapter must pay their respective membership fee and annual dues directly to their own provincial chapters.
Section 4 Affiliate members are exempt from paying membership and annual dues.
Section 5 Annual dues shall be payable on or before every 31st day of January of the current year, without need for demand. A penalty of 1.5% per month shall be levied on the next succeeding two months of delay and 2% per month on the third to the sixth month.
Section 6 The Board may, from time to time, impose special assessments as may be deemed necessary.
APPROVED AND RATIFIED BY THE GENERAL MEMBERSHIP
THIRD GENERAL MEMBERSHIP MEETING FOR 2006
31 March 2006, Friday, 5:00 p.m.
Export Bank Conference Center, Makati City